Who’s more influential – Washington D.C. or Hollywood?
Stay with me. Obviously, not all may agree on the content. But, this is worth taking a few minutes to review even if only:
- You enjoy social media
- You like learning about new business models
- You have a heart for nonprofits
- Want to learn more about the power a community can have
- You want to know how all the above can combine to create CHANGE
IJNP, In Jesus’ Name Productions, launched last week during the Cannes Film Festival. It’s promotional video is below. It’s a bit long, but fast forward to the last minute, and you can get the *details.*
IJNP desires to leverage social networks with the purpose of uniting Christians around the world to have a ‘say’ in the making of film. IJNP offers Christians to have an influential role in determining which movies the studio makes and/or partners with.
- For $10/month (the price of a movie ticket), members can be a part of ‘participatory film making’ from beginning to end through IJNP’s soon to be launched member social network.
- At 50k-100k members, movies on par with Hollywood can be made.
- At a million members, summer blockbusters can be made.
- IJNP will work with the best Christian filmmakers in the industry and has integrated a Christian Film making Apprentice Program.
- IJNP’s Advisory Board currently has representatives from Campus Crusade for Christ, Hollywood Connect, Luis Palau Association and Youth For Christ.
- More details on how a financial gift breaks down, IJNP’s elected advisory board, ‘participatory filmmaking,‘ and learning how to get involved, visit the newly launched website.
First thoughts? And, this is posted in terms of looking at the non-profit business model and the use of social media through social networks.
This should be interesting… =)