“If I traded it all
If I gave it all away for one thing
Just for one thing
If I sorted it out
If I knew all about this one thing
Wouldn’t that be something?”
- What if, for a cause, the executive director called a meeting of community members or held a forum for bloggers to collaborate with them on solving issues?
- What if management and staff switched roles for a day to better understand each other’s role and position.
- What if journalists sat and discussed issues with lobbyists as well as politicians and each other?
- What is NGOs partnered with research institutions to see how to better address policy issues?
- What is research institutions talked to journalists to learn to find out more about what the stories are and what begs attentions and remains unexplored?
Now, I know the question asked specifically about the non-profit sector…but what is the nonprofit sector? What is the private sector? or the public sector? Why divisions and not more communication and more collaboration? How do the three relate? I think the non-profit sector needs to infiltrate the other sectors through the tools of collaboration…and social change for the welfare of the public may be heightened.
*I will also note that this concept of collaboration is one I continue to explore and educate myself on as it is one area of my research, so I encourage comments or suggestions.
“If (we) knew all about this one thing……wouldn’t that be something?!?”