Thank you for your interest! Given one of our mantra’s here is “be your own SocialButterfly,” I’ve decided to open up SocialButterfly’s doors to guest posts. Read below to learn how to get your post featured on fly4change.com.
The SocialButterfly community consists of mission-driven free agents to on-the-ground grassroots coalition builders, to professionals redefining not-just-for-profit businesses to those working in nonprofit, public health and related social change fields. Many tend to be fellow strategists, technologists, marketers and communication PROs who look for inspiration, ideation, and innovation they can bring to their own work.
At SocialButterfly, we discuss social innovation focusing on social marketing, social (and mobile) technologies and social change efforts. We highlight new science, strategies,
campaigns movements, trends, tools, and applications that work to empower individuals and communities. Advocating for health and digital literacy, much of our content highlights ways to bridge the gap between awareness and action to:
- increase knowledge
- influence attitudes
- change behaviors
- create connections
- impact policy
Posts that touch on these more technical topics are welcomed as well as posts that cover a variety of issue areas from health to the environment, education and international development are welcomed. Ideas for guest posts can be found by perusing the blog’s categories. Guests are also encouraged to submit posts in these two categories:
- Guest posts that highlight how you or someone you know works at the intersection of Passion + Purpose (in a way that inspires others to be their own SocialButterfly).
- Book reviews that can be a part of our #read4change series. Who knows – you may encourage us to revive our #read4change book club!
Please, no ads or sponsored content disguised as a guest post.
To submit your post for consideration, email it with copy, images and video all included to email@example.com. In the subject line, write: Guest Post: Last Name and Date of Submission. Some additional items to consider/include:
- Length: Before submitting, read through past posts and those on other blogs. Remember that you’re writing for the web–which means you want to be succinct and remember that many will “read” your post by scanning it–so consider the use of headers and bullets.
- Images: Don’t forget to include at least one image.
- Credit: Please credit all sources, references, facts, and figures.
When you submit your post, please include a two-sentence byline that shares what you do with a link to your blog, About page or LinkedIn profile as well as your Twitter ID.
Some additional items to consider:
- Your post must be original and not previously published either on the Web or in print.
- You agree not to publish it anywhere else, including your own blog or website. You may, however, post a brief “tease” or summary on your site that links to the post.
- Editing – I will likely do a light edit of your post for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. If substantive changes are made (unlikely), I will email the post back to you for your approval before posting.
- I may provide a short introduction or conclusion to your post to provide context or rationale as to why your post adds value to those in the SocialButterfly community.
- Drafting blog posts take work – I understand. At the same time, if you submit a post, this does not mean I am obligated to publish it. If I choose not to publish your post, I will try to let you know why – however, I can’t make any promises given inbox overflow.
On the day your post runs, we’ll promote the post across our social media channels, and we encourage you to do the same. Be sure to monitor your post throughout the day and respond to the comments that other readers leave.
We appreciate your interest and support! We hope that by becoming a SocialButterfly guest author, you’ll continue to engage with our growing community of people who merge passion with purpose by reading, sharing, and commenting on other posts.